The WPS Plant Thermal Imaging Module allows extracting information from the long-wavelength infrared (LWIR) range of the electromagnetic spectrum in the plants. The Infrared module is used to measure plant and leaf temperature in a non-destructive manner, which is indicative of plant water use behaviour, including transpiration and leaf stomatal conductance.
Water taken up by the roots is lost at the level of the leaves by transpiration through stomata. Evaporation of this water results in cooling of the leaf surface. Upon drought stress response, plants close their stomata, resulting in an increased leaf temperature. High performance industrial infrared cameras are implemented both in top view and side view configuration.
- Plug and play, can be coupled with WPS Automated Plant Phenotyping Systems and WPS Plant Imaging Modules
- Non-destructive measurement of plant and leaf temperature
- Dynamic measurement of infrared radiation emitted by all objects
- Highly homogenous LED light panel for active thermal image acquisition
- Top and side view configuration possible
- Resolution 640 x 480
- True pixels 16 bit output
- Spectral range from 8 μm to 14 μm
- Objective: LWIR 10mm f/1 with adjustable focus
- Thermal sensitivity: < 0.05 ºC at 30 ºC
- Framerate 50Hz